We had a wonderful response and a huge total of minutes read during the challenge.
How it worked
- The summer reading challenge ended Aug. 1.
- There were 8 required reading badges plus 8 reading bonus badges and 2 activity badges. Each reading badge represents 75 minutes of reading.
- The first 8 reading badges were the minimum required to complete the challenge (600 minutes of reading).
- After earning each of the first 8 badges, you earned a prize and a raffle ticket for the prize drawings at the end of the challenge.
- Drop the raffle tickets in the ticket drawings after you earn them. You can put all of your tickets in one drawing or spread them out among all the drawings!
- Keep earning raffle tickets with each badge earned after the first 8 badges. Earn more raffle tickets by participating in activities (Where is Little Miss Elsie? and Name that Tail) sponsored by the Charles Town Library!
- Reading prizes and prizes awarded through the drawings must be picked up in person at 200 E. Washington Street, Charles Town, WV. Let’s get reading!
Badges, Prizes, and Tickets
Badges 1-8=small prize and 1 raffle ticket
Badges 9-16=1 raffle ticket
Actvities=1 raffle ticket
- Go to our Beanstack website: ctlibrary.beanstack.org
- Click on “Register an Individual or Family.”
- Fill in your info! Beanstack allows families to be linked together, so all family members can be accessed with one login.
You can also download the Beanstack app (Opens in a new window) on your mobile device to track your Summer Reading activity
Completing activities is easy!
1. Check the Charles Town Library Facebook page to get your clue to the Where’s Miss Elsie? and Name That Tail? activities on Beanstack.
2. Log into the Summer Reading Challenge on Beanstack and click on the Activities Badges icon if you’re using the app, or select the Badges tab and click Activity Badges if your logging through a computer.
3. For each week of the activity, there will be a text box to enter an answer.
4. Enter the answer in the text box.
5. There is only one photo posted on Facebook each week for both activities. Come back every week to get a new clue for the next answer! Complete six of the eight weeks of each activity to win a virtual raffle ticket to enter into the prize drawings!
Summer Reading Events (Check our website and Facebook updates for any changes)
- June 30, Wednesday, 2 p.m. – Outdoor Story Time – Charles Town Presbyterian Church Playground (220 E. Washington St.)
- July 17, Saturday, 10 a.m. – Outdoor Story Time – Charles Town Presbyterian Church Playground (220 E. Washington St.)
- July 28, Wednesday, 2 p.m. – Outdoor Story Time – Charles Town Presbyterian Church Playground (220 E. Washington St.)
In addition to Tails and Tales, the summer reading challenge, the Charles Town Library is also offering the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program, a great way to get our youngest children ready for school by having books read to them from an early age.