The Charles Town Library is looking for someone who would love to become the part-time Children’s Services Coordinator. You will be part of our effort to reach the youngest in the community as the leader of children’s activities at the library. Please send a cover letter and your resume to Marcella Genz, the library director, at email@example.com.
If you have additional questions after reading the following notice, you can send any questions for additional information to the above email address.
Children’s Services Coordinator
Part-time, 20+ hours a week, some Saturdays & evenings
The Charles Town Library seeks a highly energetic, motivated and flexible person to serve our library and community. The candidate will bring superior customer service skills and perform a variety of tasks to support library services primarily, but not limited to, children ages birth-18 and their families. The applicant should be able to connect with youth easily and effectively, connect resources to children that reflect their interests (reader’s advisory and collection development), and conduct programming reflecting community goals and interests. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director to execute the Library’s mission as it relates to children’s services. In addition to serving as the Children’s Services Coordinator, the position also assists with a number of library operations including circulation, technical services, and desk duties.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred, or equivalent education, training, or experience, required
- Experience working with people of all ages
- Expressive story time reader
- Awareness of current children’s literature and literary trends
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Ability to facilitate children in creative technology and learning
- Demonstrated exemplary customer service and desire to work in a public service role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, families, volunteers, and coworkers
- Familiarity with e-readers, mobile devices, and library databases
- Interest in books and literature
- Work independently, takes directions well, but also works well as a team member
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter explaining their interests in and qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three professional references, via email to Dr. Marcella Genz, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to applications received by 22 August 2023. Position open until filled.