THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED DAILY
These are challenging times, both professionally and personally, for every family around the world. Historically, quarantine and isolation meant total exclusion from the activities of our neighbors and everyone else on the planet. But the Internet has changed that somewhat.
We will be on the lookout for online sites and programs that will bring art, literature, news, and literally, a world of information to your phone or computer. If you find something that you think should be included, please send a link to email@example.com and we will check it out.
- Obviously, our first listing will be for our own Story Times with Miss Debbie, Monday, 10:30 a.m. and Thursday, 4 p.m.; and Mr. Tim, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Their story times are live on our Facebook page and then will stay posted for one week.
- Audible.com – during the Coronavirus situation, Audible is allowing free streaming of audiobooks focused on preK – to 12 readers.
- A very nice presentation of Reading Games from PBS for young readers!
SCHOOL AGE – K-12
- A nice list of different options, from USA Today.
- Here’s a good list from Travel & Leisure of some great museums with virtual tours.
- The Virtual Book Channel. A collection of short videos focusing on the literary aspect of our lives. https://lithub.com/literary-hub-presents-the-virtual-book-channel/
- The Metropolitan Opera – For those of you with a taste for opera, the Met is providing free webcasts of complete productions.
- The YMCA is providing free exercise videos.